Every Teenager Needs To Read This! Part 2


Not caring what people think will be the best choice you ever make. This all I wanna be popular stuff is basic. I know you see "The Cool Kids." They dress fresh, they get the attention, they turning up and going to parties and you wanna be like them, right? And even sometimes you feel like you're not enough.


Well, I'm telling you, you're enough. You were born original, don't you dare die a copy. You were born to stand out, stop trying to fit in. Popularity does not mean quality.

In this crazy world we live in, it has no chill. Some people are loved for being fake, and others are judged for being real. But you have to be real. Never stop. Because it's better to be hated for who you are than liked for who you're not. 


So it doesn't matter if you don't fit in or you're not perfect. Do you know how diamond experts can tell if a diamond is real or worthless? It's because the fake diamonds are perfect but the real ones have flaws. And just like that, fake people appear perfect but real people make mistakes and have flaws.


And let me tell you that the coolest people don't care about being cool. The people who care about being cool, are the saddest. When they go home, they're not happy with who they are. Because popularity is when other people like you but true happiness is when you like you.


I got the same story. I was that shy kid. There's nothing I wanted more than for people to like me. But it didn't happen and I would always think why? Why can't more people like me? 


Sometimes the universe has to protect you from what you think you want. And me not being popular gave me time to work on me. And when I worked on me, everything changed. When I had the courage to be me, people started coming to me. I found out that I was enough already and just like that you are enough already.


Nobody has lived your life, nobody can tell your story. So pick your head up. Don't dim your lights so that others don't have to squint. Don't hide your shine underneath the shade. Don't trade your dignity for popularity. You may not be popular now, but you will be great one day. Right now you may not be well known, but one day you will be worth knowing. so keep focusing on you and don't worry about what these people think. Mainly because most people don't think.


Most people will judge you based on an opinion from somebody else. Treat these people like coupons, and cut them out of your life. Leave them on read. It's time to focus on you. You may not see it now, but in 5 years, none of this popularity stuff is gonna matter. Popularity ends on farewell or yearbook day but what you build and who you become will last the rest of your life. So don't let other people write your story. You keep caring about what other people think, you will forever be their slave. And you're stronger than that. 

So never forget who you are because it is who you are that makes you great.


Comments